Rules of Emmaus Road Bible College (ERBC)
The Emmaus Road Bible College places a lot of emphasis on Christian behavior, and we believe that a Christian’s own behavior is part of the education received. Therefore, we believe:
That those who claim salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ, live irreproachable lives, and must refrain from questionable and mundane practices.
ERCB students should not be guilty of profanity, adultery, or fornication. The use of alcohol or drugs is prohibited (except in the case of a doctor’s prescription).
As Christians, we must reject the use of immodest dress, theft, immorality and misconduct. All students of the Bible College must bear witness to their faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Therefore, they must live, act, speak, and dress as believers in Christ. So that at no time, we bring reproach and shame to the name of Christ; or the standards and reputation of the Emmaus Road Bible College. Any student who is unable to maintain the standards of the Bible College will be dismissed.
The first semester is 14 weeks long, the second one is 23 weeks long. Attendance is very important and the following rules apply to attendance:
Tardiness to class may cause dependency. Three violations constitute an absence. However, a student who is more than 15 minutes late to class will be considered absent.
• The maximum number of excused absences from a class is three.
• When a class is missed, the task of restoring homework must be done and handed over to the teacher of that class by the student. The assignment will be given by the teacher, and it is the student’s responsibility to contact the teacher for that assignment. After the third absence, the student’s grade will be reduced five points; and one point for each absence after that.
• After the fourth absence of any of the classes, the student will be placed on probation for that class.
• After the fifth absence of any of the classes, the student will be dropped from that class and will receive a grade of “I” (incomplete).
• The student must re-enroll the following semester for the class. If the student does not re-enroll, the “I” of (incomplete) will result in becoming a permanent “F”.
• There will be no opportunity to replace undelivered work for the finals.
• Exceptions and special considerations must be discussed and approved by the director of the Emmaus Road Bible College and its extension schools.